Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Godfather (1972) Review

Ah, the godfather. Considered by many to rank among the greatest movies of all time. That's why my particular review may be bound to criticized. Sure, no one reads this blog anyway, but unlike most people, I didn't absolutely love the godfather. It had it scenes. I loved characters Tom and Mike, and all the performances were fantastic. The dialogue was brilliant, and some scenes were perfect. But, did it really have to be three hours? That's the one problem I had with the movie. It draws everything out to a extremely slow pace and made me bored out of my mind. The truth is, we could chop a good 40 minutes out of the godfather, and then, just then, it would be beautiful. But now, I'm not ready for another 175 minutes of boredom when it could have easily been 140.
Movie Rating: B

No comments:

Post a Comment